www.earthfiles.de Foren-Übersicht www.earthfiles.de
Forum des Earthfiles Grenzwissenschaftstreff

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

The Prodigal Son

Dieses Forum ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren, schreiben oder beantworten.   Dieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.    www.earthfiles.de Foren-Übersicht -> English Section English Section
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Solve_et_Coagula
Earthfiler

BeitragVerfasst am: 18.04.2012, 11:05    Titel: The Prodigal Son Antworten mit Zitat

The Prodigal Son

„And he said: a certain man had two sons.” Luke 15: 11

I shall take only verse eleven.

Christ gives unique examples. The prodigal son is a magnificent subject on which great preachers in the world have read notable sermons and drawn lessons on how generations should live. As far as I know, all the preachers from the time of Christ till the present time have only confined to the prodigal son after his transgression and return home; however, Christ meant something more profound by this example. The transgression of the prodigal son is a consequence and we should know the reason why the younger son left his father. Everyone says the younger son was prodigal; one could suffer in this world but we may not know the reasons. Let me give you an analogy about these two brothers: a gentleman came to a famous priest in Russia to confess his sins; this gentleman was a criminal who had committed a murder. He confessed his crime and the confessor advised him how to absolve of his sins. As you know there are certain rules that oblige confessors not to disclose the secrets revealed to them; however, the murderer went out of the church and met a policeman whom he told who had committed this crime. Having in mind the present law, people may ask: “If he has committed a crime, does he deserve to be pardoned?” This is how people who have superficial understanding of the world think. However, those who understand will tell really whom to blame.

Then what are the reasons? I see the young son was gallant minded because he had the valour to say to his father: “Father, I want to study so I shall let my elder brother succeed to your throne. For you do not need me that much in your home, give me my portion of the patrimony.” I see what this son did was much better than what your sons did: after sending them abroad they spend forty-fifty thousand leva. This young man was noble because he put the question before his father and we see the father raised no objection but gave him the respective part of the property, and later the son squandered it living lecherous life with women, eating and drinking. Is it possible a crime to be committed in this world, evil to be done or intrigue made without the participation of a woman!

They say that after wasting everything the son went to a man and asked to work for him: “I am accustomed to hard working; when I was at my father's house I used to work.” The man sent him to feed swine. The young man preferred feeding swine rather than committing suicide; preferred feeding swine rather than going out stealing; preferred feeding swine rather than cheating people. I ask: in the modern society, how many people follow the example of the prodigal son; in the church, how many people follow the example of the prodigal son? That is why Christ in His parable gives the prodigal as an excellent example. They say that after grazing swine the son came to his senses and went back to his father; the father realized his son's good quality and killed a calf in his honour. Christ knows from the Jewish history that Isaac had two sons, Jacob and Esau; unlike his brother, Jacob liked to tell fibs and because of a lie he went abroad and served for fourteen years for lentils and two women; they cheated him when he was given his first wife. Therefore, you can also try to tell a lie but you will be a servant for fourteen years, i.e. you will expiate your crime in some way or another.

Continue to read:
http://powerandlife.com/txt_en/1915.....bb.1_bludniyat_sin.shtml
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
Google

Verfasst am:     Titel: Als registrierter User ist diese Werbung ausgeblendet!

Dieses Forum ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren, schreiben oder beantworten.   Dieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.    www.earthfiles.de Foren-Übersicht -> English Section Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht teilnehmen.

Jiaogulan