www.earthfiles.de Foren-Übersicht www.earthfiles.de
Forum des Earthfiles Grenzwissenschaftstreff

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

Paul Wolfowitz’s Heart of Darkness

Dieses Forum ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren, schreiben oder beantworten.   Dieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.    www.earthfiles.de Foren-Übersicht -> English Section English Section
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Solve et Coagula
Earthfiler

BeitragVerfasst am: 13.04.2006, 16:37    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Paul Wolfowitz’s Heart of Darkness

William Hughes
April 11, 2006

“He had taken a high seat amongst the devils of the land.” - Joseph Conrad

American policy maker Paul Wolfowitz reminds me a lot of Joseph Conrad’s character, Kurtz, from his seminal tome, “Heart of Darkness.” Kurtz never allowed himself to be judged by the same standards as other mere mortals, nor has Wolfowitz. He seems manufactured in the image and likeness of another purveyor of malevolence - Henry Kissinger! Wolfowitz has so far escaped earthly punishment for his serial wrong doings. In fact, incredibly, he has been rewarded with another high paying sinecure by the Wire Pullers.

Wolfowitz was the prime architect of the Iraqi War, when he was the Deputy Secretary of Defense for the Bush-Cheney Gang. (1) He is the father of the Pre-emptive War Doctrine. He also has close ties to the supra-hawkish Neocon, Richard Perle, and to elements within the Military-Industrial Complex. The appalling Abu Ghraib and Gitmo torture scandals happened on his watch, as did the notion that the Geneva Convention didn’t apply to Muslim POWs seized by the U.S. in Afghanistan. He also wrongly predicted that the oil revenues from Iraq would finance the war. Now, Wolfowitz runs the World Bank from a plush office, located in Washington, D.C. He is also an intellectual, a former teacher, a Zionist and Israeli Firster, a fanatical disciple of the Nihilist philosopher, Leo Strauss, and a man, (thanks to Michael Moore’s film, “Fahrenheit 9/11” for this disclosure), who isn’t afraid to publicly spit on his dirty comb and apply it to his hair before doing a sound bite for a tv news program. (2)

Getting back to Conrad’s novel, “Heart of Darkness.” In the book, the sinister Kurtz insisted on being treated as a God by the natives in the Congo. His lust for the valuable ivory caused him to lose his soul and to abandon all restraints. Kurtz was a hollow man, and so is Wolfowitz, who has been morally blinded by his own Neocon-infested extremism. Kurtz sought riches and fame from the ivory. He had written an idealized document on how the natives should be treated, but it ends with these words, ”Exterminate all the brutes.” Wolfowitz wanted to be seen by his peers as an idealistic ideologue, more specifically, a “pragmatic idealist.” He arrogantly believed the U.S. could export democracy to an Arab country at the barrel of a gun. As the U.S. Ambassador to Indonesia, he regularly ignored the gross human rights violations of its dictator, General Suharto, particularly in East Timor. And when Wolfowitz was a State Department honcho assigned to the Philippines, he, and his then assistant, the now indicted Irv “Scooter” Libby, failed to curb the excesses of the thuggish Ferdinand Marcos’ regime. (2) What a hypocrite Wolfowitz is!

Despite how the Establishment uses its immense power to protect Wolfowitz’s image, I think he’s a bum. (3) Every time a bomb goes off in Iraq, I curse his name. Every time I see a dead body on the tv screen lying in the streets of Mosul, Fallujah and Baghdad, I curse him again. And when the news reader says, “Four more Americans were killed in Iraq today,” I curse Wolfowitz even louder. I despise him for what he has unleashed in the name of the American people in Iraq and for all of the innocent wounded and dead there; for destroying a country of over 26.7 million souls, whose roots go back into antiquity and who had never offered us any harm. I curse him, too, for the enormous cost of this conflict to our treasury. I also damn him for all of those brave men and women in our military, who have returned to their homes without their eyes and limbs; and, finally, for making more enemies for us in the Islamic World. It was the arrogant Wolfowitz, who said that the Weapons of Mass Destruction were just a convenient excuse for the war. If there is a hell, he deserves a very special place in it.

Continue to read:
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=7970

Solve et Coagula ist offline   Profil von Solve et Coagula Email an Solve et Coagula sendenPrivate Nachricht an Solve et Coagula sendenHomepage von Solve et Coagula
 [   [1]    ] 
Gehe zu